Put Out Your Fires, OC Remix

I'm not really involved here, but I made a megamix/album thing for fun. I think it turned out well, so I wanted to share it with you guys!

https://soundcloud.com/aldo-calrissian/aldo-calrissian-put-out-your

I was a big fan of OCRemix back in 2001-2005, but stopped listening and disappeared for a while. Recently I had a hankering for some of the remixes I used to love, so I decided to make a mix out of them; eventually throwing in some newer OC tracks and even songs from outside the universe of game music.

This is my ode to you, OCRemix. Here's a tracklist.

Scott Peeples - Chrono Trigger Requiem for a Green Revolution OC ReMix ( 'Green Memories', 'World Revolution')

Detuned Logic - Chrono Trigger Tree Hopper OC ReMix ('Secret of the Forest')

Disco Dan - Chrono Trigger Green Amnesia OC ReMix ('Green Memories')

mutagene - Shadow of the Beast Dub OC ReMix

Another Soundscape - Final Fantasy VII Too Much Fighting OC ReMix ('Fanfare', 'J-E-N-O-V-A')

Defacto - Muerte Inoxia

Another Soundscape - Donkey Kong Country 2 Swamp Gases OC ReMix ( 'Bayou Boogie (Barrel Bayou)')

Ed Harrison - Carapace

Children of the Monkey Machine vs Injury - Chrono Trigger Magus (Decay of Hope) OC ReMix ('Magus Confronted')

tefnek - Final Fantasy VII The End OC ReMix (Song(s): 'One-Winged Angel')

Star Salzman - Chrono Trigger Close Door All Way OC ReMix ('Sealed Door')

Loz Contreras - Sarajevo (Blackmill Remix)

Mustin - Final Fantasy VII Serenity OC ReMix ('Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII', 'The

Prelude')

sephfire, SGX - Final Fantasy VII No Such Thing as the Promised Land OC ReMix ('Mako Reactor')

DrumUltimA - Chrono Trigger But the Future Refused to Change OC ReMix ('Ayla's Theme', 'Chrono

& Marle - A Distant Promise', 'Chrono Trigger', 'Fanfare 1', 'Frog's Theme', 'Magus Confronted',

'Robo's Theme', 'The Final Battle', 'World Revolution')

Jaga Jazzist - One-Armed Bandit

JigginJonT - Final Fantasy VII Hydrophone Breakdown OC ReMix ('Secret of the Deep Sea')

Tweek - Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth's Wake OC ReMix ('Trail of Blood')

HxdB - Silent Q ( 'Depths of the Night')

Children of the Monkey Machine - Chrono Trigger Magus (Temporal Rehab) OC ReMix ('Magus Confronted')

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix ('Can't Say Good Bye to Yesterday')

Ed Harrison - Reboot

Skummel Maske - Final Fantasy VII 'Sephiroth's Deliverance' OC ReMix ( 'Birth of a God', 'J-E-N-O-V-A', 'Let the Battles Begin!', 'One-Winged Angel', 'The North Cave', 'Those Chosen by the

Planet')

Please let me know how you like it!

Edited by Aldo Calrissian

The concept of making a continuous mix of songs from here is pretty cool. Though I have to ask - did you analyse each track for its key before you did the mix? A fair few of the transitions sound out of key -- you should stick to mixing within the circle of fifths where possible and carefully use your ears for everything else.

End of the day I appreciate this for highlighting a few remixes I probably wouldn't have gotten around to listening to otherwise, kudos.

• 2 weeks later...