Transitions...

Shadix

I guess it could be considered a FL question considering I am using FL, but the question seems a bit more

I'm trying to make a transition in my song from a soft section with nothing but some synths and a kind of eerie reflection of the main part to the song to create a mysterious feel an then to build up to something huge, my question really is how do I go about making this transistion without it sounding abrupt.

Additionally, how do you make something sound more full and massive as if it is all attacking you, I've heard it in songs before, where there is suspense leading up and then something very powerful, I've just never understood the spark that makes something sound big and awesome. My attempts so far have ended in vain making the melody and support in the peice seem monotonous and not conveying the feeling I want it to. All hearing it does for me is "meh, more sound, more melody, so freaking what". The only thing I've been able to make sound fuller is the drums (Using a sampled accoustic drumset), but I don't know make them have that kind of powerful feel that makes you go "wow, I feel pumped...".

This is all for a remix of the music for Sonic 2's lost stage, Hidden Palace. (Which I am creating with the intention of seeming like something undiscovered and mysterious and working it's to showing the listener a vibrant past behind it and then softening back up to an end.)

Suggestions? Was I not descriptive enough? Did I break a rule? Is this even a good idea to add variation to my mix, or are there other ways to maybe just keep a mysterious feel throughout the entire song without making everything really repetitive (I'm not sure how much is going to far with rewriting parts\adding new ones)?