EWQL or Mac?

ShadTK

So, after 1 year saving up some money, I've gathered enough to buy EWQL Complete composers collection. I couldn't be more happy about it, as I've been whishing for that pack since forever.

But... Now that I think of it, I can only buy EWQL For either a MAC or a PC system. Currently, I have a Dell XPS 4370, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with it. As of now, I wouldn't mind buying CCC for PC.

But If I ever plan on migrating to MAC, then I'd be throwing aways 1200 bucks since PC EWQL isn't compatible with mac.

If I do buy a MAC, however, this means I'll also have to buy some new software gear (as I currently use cakewalk sonar producer). Which would make me have to wait yet another year, if not more, to buy EWQL Complete composers collection again.

(Not to mention they released the CCC2, which is even expensivier then the first one)

So I'm kind of clueless here. Any advice?

Unless I'm mistaken, the PC vs. Mac difference only matters because they ship you a hard drive that works with the specific OS out of the box. I don't think the licenses themselves are platform specific, so you might be able to buy a replacement drive for a different OS if you needed to. You should email their customer service.

Don't be silly. All EWQL products work in both VST and... whatever other standards the Mac DAW's use. RTAS and something else?

OSX and Windows hard drives are written differently. You wouldn't be "losing" the products you bought, you'd just lose the ability to install them straight from the hard drive they gave you.

Oh. Well, I didn't knew much about how the hard drives worked, but if I can still use it in both systems I guess it's EWQL to go in the end.

By the way, what is the general opinion on Complete Composers Collection 2? at least as for the PRO edition, it seems twice as expensive without adding too much, aside of the reverb software... But I'm not a very good judge. The only VST I own are Studio Instruments from Cakewalk. Haven't seen anyone comment about CCC2 around here so... What are your thougts on it?

Only get CCC2 Pro if you need the additional mic positions on the Hollywood stuff, or on pianos, or on Symphonic Orchestra. Other than that, it's the same as CCC2 but with slightly less of a discount.

I think CCC2 (non-Pro) lets you get some of the same stuff as CCC1 but adds the Hollywood orchestral series, which you should definitely take a look at if you're not familiar with it. Depending on what you were thinking of getting in CCC1 (Symphonic Orchestra?), the Hollywood series might be better.