Looking for tense battle music suggestions

sonofzeal

Greetings, and apologies if this is the wrong place for this; I'm not requesting a new remix but this also didn't seem entirely off-topic either. Mods, if you wish to move this thread, please do so.

Anywho. So! I'm building a soundtrack to an upcoming D&D game I'm going to run, and have 90% already picked out, but I realized I lacked a battle theme.

Battle themes for a pnp game are hard. Battles can take a while so the music can easily end up being annoying after the 5th time through. And things with words draw attention away from the scene, so that's out too. I figured, though, that in the vast OCR library there's got to be a number that'll work for me.

Here are the traits I'm looking for...

• Can be any franchise, but....
  • World-music feel. Whole soundtrack is world-music-y..
  • Tense! Not exciting, but deep throbbing tension.
  • Must loop well.
  • Must stand repeat soundings. Texture and variety are good!
  • No words. Can't be too distracting.

If anyone can recommend favorites, old or new, that meet these requirements, I'd highly appreciate it!

I don't really see it as being a good idea to put one track on repeat for an entire battle, and I doubt you'll find many that have proper looping anyway.

One way you could pull this off would be to mix up several different themed playlists and pull out one per battle. Then you either let it run through in its entirety, or spin up a track to loop each turn.

In terms of actual album suggestions:

Thanks! Yes, that's excellent advice. And the Thomas Bergersen is spot on, thank you for that. Before, the closest I had was "Two Steps From Hell", which are awesome but not for this context. I'll check out the rest too, but I'm almost certainly going to use at least some Bergersen. Thanks again!