Magnet Man thrash version

https://soundcloud.com/aaronalone/magnet-man-mega-man-3-cover

Hi folks! Put this together over the weekend to test out my new audio interface. I'm pretty happy with it! The mix is maybe a little darker/quieter than your average 2013 metal album, but I think the extra low-end sounds nice if you are listening to it at high(ish) volumes. What do you guys think?

Well the source material is very happy-go-lucky. My thinking was that the rhythm guitar playing and drums are fairly thrash inspired, but maybe I could have just said "up-tempo heavy rock" or something.

I think the bass tone isn't distinct enough pitch-wise. The mix is definitely very different if it's removed, but the actual bass-line isn't always so clear apart from the guitars. I unfortunately don't own a bass, so the bass part was created by pitch-shifting my guitar down an octave, then running it through a bass model on my Pod. Next time I'll see if I can get a clearer bass tone. (or maybe even buy a bass if I can scrape together the money) :-P