Mega Man 2 Metal Medley

JDawgins

Hello everyone. I spent my entire day yesterday making this medley. It features the songs Wood Man's Theme, Dr. Wily's Castle Theme and Mega Man 2's Intro/Title Theme. I honestly don't know how I did all this in a day but it was pretty brutal haha. As for putting keyboard into my music, this is honestly my second time doing that. I'm not very experienced in it so if anyone has any advice on how to with metal music, I would seriously appreciate it. Anyways check it out, thanks for the listen! :D

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/mega-man-2-metal-medley

Not bad. I'm noticing the guitars are rather thin-sounding though. The tone is lacking some low-mids, and the bass seems to be EQed to make up for that. As for the drums, the snare is good, but the kick is buried. I can kinda hear it, but it's not that present. Needs more click and a little stronger sidechaining with the bass. Good drum playing though.

Things get really muddy at 1:34, 2:06, and other places with fast kicks. It's kinda muddy in other places, but not to the extent that it obscures the clarity too much, IMO.

As for the arrangement, all of the transitions seem awkward to me. I can instantly tell when you've shifted to the next source tune or a different one, so this is pretty close to a literal medley. Also, each source tune was treated in a pretty straightforward, cover-ish manner.

Good start. Needs more production polish, but more importantly, much more expansion on the themes if this is supposed to be a sub for OCR. This post I made might help with the metal production.

Not bad. I'm noticing the guitars are rather thin-sounding though. The tone is lacking some low-mids, and the bass seems to be EQed to make up for that. As for the drums, the snare is good, but the kick is buried. I can kinda hear it, but it's not that present. Needs more click and a little stronger sidechaining with the bass. Good drum playing though.

Things get really muddy at 1:34, 2:06, and other places with fast kicks. It's kinda muddy in other places, but not to the extent that it obscures the clarity too much, IMO.

As for the arrangement, all of the transitions seem awkward to me. I can instantly tell when you've shifted to the next source tune or a different one, so this is pretty close to a literal medley. Also, each source tune was treated in a pretty straightforward, cover-ish manner.

Good start. Needs more production polish, but more importantly, much more expansion on the themes if this is supposed to be a sub for OCR. This post I made might help with the metal production.

Oh wow, this was probably one of the most helpful reviews i've ever gotten. I will work on everything you said and check out your post. Thanks :D