Ecco the Dolphin the Tides of Time Tube of Medusa Genesis Remix

Here is a remix I just completed from Ecco the Dolphin the Tides of Time, Tube of Medusa (genesis)

https://soundcloud.com/foxde/tube-of-medanca

This is actually my first time using FL studios, so I really have no idea what I am doing with the effects. I do like the convolver, though. I know at least one spot where the reverb is way too high on an instrument that echoes (irony, I know), but I can't fix it until I get the full version of FL studios. I also used UgoAudio's metallurgy, which is a great instrument for making a pseudo electric guitar sound.

Yes, that animal sound in there is a dolphin :)

Just curious on feedback and what people think, I do plan to fix it up one day and submit it into OC remix.

Also, is it too bare for an OC remix? Should I try to add more supporting instruments? I've gotten lots of feedback that my music is too crowded so I tried a simpler approach.

Also, how are the transitions? I had to piece a bunch of MP3s together so I don't know if they transition well or not.

Edited by RandomFoxDE

Oh, nice mix! :D You gave Tube of Medusa a creepy vibe, like the

in EVO. :)

! Where's the dolphin sound? I can't hear it? XD Is it a clicking?

I can't speak much of the production, although it sounds like you've got some ideas on improving that with the full version software, but I enjoy the melody in all of the sections.

I don't think you have too many or too instruments.

0:28-0:56 is pretty cool :3

Melodies at 1:01 and 2:13 are keen. 2:23 is boss. >:3

Yeh, transitions at 0:57-58 and 2:28 are abrupt.

Transitions at 1:34-35 and 1:52-57 seem alright. :)

The ending piano at 3:10 after the fade-out seems out of place? It's so short and sudden. You could probably just leave it out.

Oh, nice mix! :D You gave Tube of Medusa a creepy vibe, like the
in EVO. :)

! Where's the dolphin sound? I can't hear it? XD Is it a clicking?

I can't speak much of the production, although it sounds like you've got some ideas on improving that with the full version software, but I enjoy the melody in all of the sections.

I don't think you have too many or too instruments.

0:28-0:56 is pretty cool :3

Melodies at 1:01 and 2:13 are keen. 2:23 is boss. >:3

Yeh, transitions at 0:57-58 and 2:28 are abrupt.

Transitions at 1:34-35 and 1:52-57 seem alright. :)

The ending piano at 3:10 after the fade-out seems out of place? It's so short and sudden. You could probably just leave it out.

Thank you for your feedback :) The dolphin is at a minute and twelve seconds in. I will definitely try to transition the song better, how do you suppose I transition them? (I am a noob in music, I have only been trying it for about a year now and this is my first serious video game music remix.) Do you think I should add a few notes and make it blend in to the next spot?

Ah, I thought the dolphin sound was a synth effect. XD hehe cool

You're welcome for the feedback. I'm not a musician so I can't give you any specific advice on making the music, though -- sorry! :)

BUT... you can look at your transitions at 1:34 and 1:52 then think how they're different from the more abrupt transitions at 0:57 and 2:28. You're right in that there are a few more notes there, which are absent from the latter 2.

0:57 sounds like you've skipped to another track at first without any transition.

2:28 has a bit of a drop off, so may actually be alright, depending on your taste.

With 1:34 there's a little elevator transition and 1:52 has a little wind/waves before the change.

Whoa, only a year of training and you made this?! That's pretty rad. :D You'll go far! Keep it up!

Edited by swansdown
punctuation