A Falcon, A Whale, And An Unknown Land

derako

I would like to announce that Jeremy Robson and I have started work on a remake of his arrangement "A Falcon, A Whale, And An Unknown Land". At 10:54 in length this piece features airship/overworld themes from Final Fantasy IV, VI, and VII. We're also very pleased that this remake will feature several solo artists which will make the piece more exciting and realistic. If you would like to hear the old version please go here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=171064

Stay tuned for more information coming soon.

-Derek

Edited by derako

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Friends,

Well it's been awhile since my last update but I wanted to let you all know that I've purchased a new DAW and am back to work on this amazing piece of music. I have the first demo I'd like to share with you. Please feel free to comment, suggest, anything you wish.

Thanks for listening,

-Derek

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qun5uvl6292qbz1/falcondemo02.mp3?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
Derek or Jeremy,

I noticed that there is a song on Jeremy's site already called "A Falcon, A Whale, and An Unknown Land" Am I correct that it will basically be the same as the last one?

The demo sounds good so far.

Thank you,

Yes it will be based off of that title and with the same name. Jeremy and I will be adding/changing a few things. Adding some solo instrumentalists, redoing some progressions, changing what instruments do what and where, etc.

-Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Update 04/28/2015

I've got another minute or so sampled, it's coming along quite nicely.  The strings are sounding very nice especially.  I'm still working on the timing of the legato horns in the beginning.  I can't seem to get it perfect like I want it.  Thanks for your continued support and I will be posting another demo soon.

Regards,

-Derek-

• 3 months later...