Yes.Mustache, my Video Game inspired music project

Tool Of God

YesMustache-logo-for-Twitter-300x100.jpg

Intro

I am stoked to have found this community. As a fan of both video games and music, this seems like my home sweet home on the web. I'm grateful to be a part of it.

My music

I wanted to introduce my project and talk a little about my music style. My project is called Yes.Mustache (named after a line from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga). All of the music (so far) is original. A couple of songs are "Unofficial Theme Songs" (Sunset Overdrive, and Lords of the Fallen), the rest so far are humorous observational novelty songs (Why is Kevin Smith in LEGO Batman 3, Halo 2:Anniversary is not 1080p). I love a good silly song and my writing style gravitates towards that end.

My gear

I use Ableton Live 9 for my DAW. I use Native Instruments Komplete 7 and all of it's plugins for samples and synths. I play guitar proficiently and I can fumble around on the piano well enough to get the sounds I need. I play mostly Ibanez electric and acoustic guitars and basses. I record everything through a Focusrite Scarlett audio interface.

My style

Because of my guitar background, most of my songs are written first on the guitar and lean towards rock. I have a couple of rap songs, a metal song, and a quirky electro tune as well. Basically, I write in whatever style I feel the song warrants. I didn't want to be limited to any particular style in this project. I only want the songs to share the common thread of being inspired by video games and gaming culture.

Outro

I look forward to sharing music with you, checking out the remixes and original tunes from the community here, and talking production techniques. Should you want to check out the Yes.Mustache youtube channel, the link below should take you there. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/YesMustacheMusic