Coffee Stomp - NES + SNES + Sega Genesis Glitch Hop (Weekly Treats Nov. 2014)

Phonetic Hero

I keep forgetting to post here, but I was asked to be part of the month of weekly treats curated by the Chiptunes=WIN community, spearheaded of course by Brandon "President Hoodie" Hood. My turn finally came up about a week ago, and here's the result!

Coffee Stomp

You can check out the full compilation here: http://www.weeklytreats.net/

I had a ton of fun writing this track (even though it caused me more than a little stress with the deadline). This was my first foray into aggressive low-tempo and bass heavy electronic music. For those curious, EVERYTHING IN HERE aside from the drums and an acoustic bass sample chopped up and used (sparingly) in the section at 1:37 (and again at 3:39) is either an FL 11 default (NES instruments, electronic basses) or a soundfont (all SNES/Genesis instruments). All of the EDM-y bass stuff was GMS, which, if you have FL 11 and haven't looked into it yet, I highly encourage you to do - it's extremely powerful for something you don't have to pay extra for. If you've got any questions about the synth itself, don't hesitate to ask, I'd love to offer some pointers if anyone wants them.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think!

EDIT: Also the final master was done by my bestie and roommate ectogemia on VERY short notice. Go give him a follow if you feel so inclined :)

Edited by Phonetic Hero