ocarina of time - song of storms remix

jaxong

I've heard that this is a great place to get some real feedback, so here it goes. it's my first time posting so be gentle

https://soundcloud.com/jaxong/song-of-storms-remix

this was all made yesterday while I was procrastinating for finals. I know the EQ automation in the middle dropped a little too low and awkwardly, but aside from that I would love to hear your collective thoughts. all feedback is warmly welcomed and I hope you enjoy!

This is really nice! I like the jazzy interpretation and the smooth section at 1:09, nice reharms there.

I noticed that the piano from 0:00 - 1:06 sounds a bit overcompressed and muffled.

like i said before, the part from 1:09 is very nice but imo there is a bit too much repetition. I think you could try to add a bit more variation on the second iteration (1:40), maybe adding some background strings or pads, counter melodies and change the piano melody a bit? To me the arrangement sounds kinda unfinished and at the end it just fades out. I think you might find a transition back to the first section, maybe with some more energetic drums and perhaps adding an instrumental solo or something like that, just a suggestion.

Keep it up!

Edited by Nostalvania