21st Century Rock Star (Kirby 64 Remix)

Plumegeist

Today is my girlfriend's birthday so I wanted to surprise her with a remix from Kirby, which is one of her favorite franchises. I decided to remix Rock Star which is a mutual favorite of ours and incorporate some genre flavors she's fond of, however it comes with one or two surprises to go along with it -

I had a lot of fun working on this one; particularly the occasional dubstep elements. Even if it isn't my most preferred genre it's exciting to chop things up. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Liking this... a lot. I was unfamiliar with the source, but gave it a listen (here). The pan flute in the ReMix had confused me at first, but now I get the connection to the original work.

Great variability in pace and instrumentation. You take a lot of classic EDM instruments and give them new life. The violin was a nice touch. It would be even more impactful with a better sample, or live recording. A bit thrown by the choir voices, as they seem a little out of place and could easily be replaced by another instrument, even one that appears later (as a hint).

Fantastic start, and a very nice birthday present. Looking forward to hearing how this evolves.

34 minutes ago, glasfen said:

Liking this... a lot. I was unfamiliar with the source, but gave it a listen (here). The pan flute in the ReMix had confused me at first, but now I get the connection to the original work.

Great variability in pace and instrumentation. You take a lot of classic EDM instruments and give them new life. The violin was a nice touch. It would be even more impactful with a better sample, or live recording. A bit thrown by the choir voices, as they seem a little out of place and could easily be replaced by another instrument, even one that appears later (as a hint).

Fantastic start, and a very nice birthday present. Looking forward to hearing how this evolves.

Thank you kindly for the feedback! It slipped my mind that I should probably link the original version for the sake of comparisons so my apologies for not getting that up there at first haha. For disclosure's sake, the track also incorporates elements of Neo Star from the very same game (hence the choir, but I do agree that the flow could be improved with something else instead), as well as City Trial from Kirby Air Ride, a game we never get bored of in our household. It's a little more of a medley when all's said and done, one mainly built around Rock Star.