IS there such a thing as a Mixer/MIDI Keyboard?!

Hy Bound

I've been looking for a mixer-like thing that also has a MIDI keyboard on it. It needs to have a couple of preamps and have all or at least most of the mixer components but also have a small MIDI keyboard attached. I looked at the OZonic keyboard and that seems about what im looking for; but ive heard it isnt all that great and doesnt have much in the way of mixing capabilities. I could have sworn i saw one the other day when i was looking on my parents' computer and had to get off before i could really look at it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: If anyone has i a REALLY good mixer w/o a keyboard, i would like to hear about it.

I've been looking for a mixer-like thing that also has a MIDI keyboard on it.

Why?

EDIT: If anyone has i a REALLY good mixer w/o a keyboard, i would like to hear about it.

What you're asking for is an incredibly awkward combination.

The Ozone is a keyboard with a built-in audio interface. That's something entirely different than a keyboard with a mixer.

Other keyboards which have this are the Behringer UMX (which doesn't have preamps) and the Alesis Photon. There's also the Novation X-Station - but the sliders you see are controllers for either software synths or the built-in synth.

The Fantom suggestion is really odd, because a Fantom is a workstation in the first place. It can act as a MIDI controller but it's got a load of built-in sounds. The audio inputs on the thing are there because it's got a sampler, but they aren't supposed to pipe audio to your computer via USB. USB is there for file transfer, the MIDI interface and using the editor.

Re: mixers: well, no, not always. Roland's very into digital mixers, but they've left some of their customers in the cold when a new format was chosen. I'd rather have Yamaha.