Skate Or Die II - Title Theme Cover

Guidorch

This is just a tribute to one of the best songs i've heard on a video game, ever! Original song composed by Rob Hubbard, a genius composer and muscician, over the last 40 years. The song that i cover it's the one that appears on "Skate Or Die II" tittles theme stage for NES console
Drums were made on "Guitar Pro 5" and edited on "Fruity Loops 7" with VST "EZDrummer MetalMachine"
Guitars were recorded on "Vegas 11" trough BOSS GT10 pedalboard.

Hope you enjoy it, and greetings from Argentina.

Guidorch

Link: 

Original song: Skate Or Die II - Tittle Theme

Edited by Guidorch

• 4 weeks later...

*MOD REVIEW*

Hey there Argentina! Welcome to the workshop. 

Okay. The intro - I think the drums need to come back in the mix and let the guitars shine a bit here, since the guitars are doing the movement and need the attention. 

When :30 hits, though, it really falls into place. It sounds great. Driving, the guitars sound awesome and are well performed and recorded. BUT I still think you can bring them more to the front, especially since the drums are sequenced and are of lesser quality than the guitars. You're clearly a great guitar player, so let it shine! Obviously don't bury the drums, but I think the guitars can come up in the mix without making it sound messy. 1:45 the drums drop out and give the guitars some room, and it's very satisfying. So I'd say bring that to the rest of the piece. 

I was disappointed when the piece sort of suddenly ended at 2:15 though. I feel like there's a lot more that can be done with it, and you clearly have the skill to write more. I'm not sure what I would suggest, but maybe since the arrangement you have right now is very true to the original, take the theme and do a variation on it. Mess with the timing, the key, or take that synth and bring it to the forefront for a while. You've got plenty of room to add some more meat to this mix, especially since the source is just about as long as the mix (which you hardly ever get in the NES era, so use it!). 

I'm marking as WIP mostly for the reason that the mix feels incomplete, but I'd take the opportunity to mess with the drum/guitar balance a little bit as well. It sounds great so far! 

*MOD REVIEW*

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!

Edited by XPRTNovice