Grandia 2 - amazing

Audity

I never really paid attention to the Grandia II OST until recently. I was too much a fan of the first game's music, but then most of it got old, sans less than a dozen tracks or something.

So then I turned to G2's tracks. So much of it is really peppy sounding, and cliche I guess, but with absolutely amazing samples in my opinion (they could seem annoying to some). It's a breath of fresh air from all these generic RPG tracks/samples I was hearing while finally going through GamingForce Audio's Best Song Competition from awhile back, and would make for some great driving music for me since that peppyness is something I personally love when it's done right, even if cheesy; at least it's really really moving music, on top of the samples that I like so much.

Most of the sad/dramatic/not-upbeat songs are not as good, at all. In fact most are the worst music ever made ever. Well, rivaling/mimicking them, anyway.

I would have made this request be NOT to remix anything from this game, but given Darkesword's ReMix from this game, I guess anything goes. Most of the above described songs would be very hard to mix without them losing their appeal, probably because they're all really cheesy with simply an insane groove that I happen to like.

That said, here are some tracks worth considering that don't necessarily fit my beloved ranting above's descriptions: (you might know where to go to listen, or not)

17 - The Garden Of Dreams~ The Mysterious Girl from the ~Deus~ OST

Eerie song that has insane amounts of potential.

21- Granas Sanctuary from the ~Deus~ OST

Hints of the song Deus itself in this, but with decent variations. Could enhance the guitar/church atmosphere of the whole thing.

07 - The Moon Of Valmar from the Povo OST

Worthwhile progression that gets a little too messy. Again, potential to change into something way cooler.

Any of the fight musics.

Or as a last resort, any of the town themes.

Hopefully I won't get burned out on this any time soon.