Sonic Colors - Tropical Resort Map Remix

Hey all. I'm currently working on a fangame based on Sonic Colors titled "Sonic Colors Demastered" and am collaborating with some other Sonic remixers to give it an original soundtrack of remixes based on the original game's songs.  I'm working on a remix of the map theme for Tropical Resort and here's what I have so far:

For reference, here's the original track:

I actually got inspired by one the hub world tracks from Splatoon 3 for my remix and was trying to channel the same funky, synth focused energy that song has (it's this one here):

I'll admit though that I'm not really satisfied with how my track is sounding so far. For one, it doesn't feel nearly as "funky" as the Splatoon 3 track that I got inspired by. I also feel like my song just sounds generally empty but I'm struggling to figure out ways to make it sound "fuller". I want the song to have a bright, bubbly vibe fitting of the first area in the game (like the original song it's based on does) but I don't think I'm nailing that vibe. I would appreciate some feedback.