Sign in to follow this  
transientgrifter

OCR SNES Tourney Round 2: Super Mario Kart!

oh crap. i just remembered. spring break's coming soon. and i'm gonna be gone on vacation. i need to finish all my games before thursday.

if i can't do it, then i'll just forfeit to my opponent.

sorry guys. i was way too busy today. therefore, i resign from the playoffs. meaning atmuh will advance to semis.

(kamoh, you got really lucky. :P)

I'm very displeased with this. I want to start the next tournament in 24-48 hours, and we've been in the "playoff" stage for a week and a half - furthermore, only one match has truly been played.

Anyways...

Atmuh vs. kamoh

dPaladin vs. drack

winner vs. winner.

So, is this thing dead?

I dunno. dPaladin and I talked earlier and I wanted to figure out what game he would pick.

The most aggravating thing is that we've had playoffs for a while now and just about nothing has actually gotten done - to the point that I'm considering canning the playoffs and telling Mew to make the next thread with whatever we decide to have.

Drack wants Gundam Wing: Endless Duel

I want either Mario All-Stars Battle, or a sports title (NHL 94, Super Rugby, or Tecmo Super Bowl).

dPaladin hadn't really thought about it.

I think that Atmuh's gone MIA.

Do we need to make the "playoffs" smaller? Or maybe a pool instead of a bracket?

All I know is...we were supposed to be doing the next tournament by now, and we're not. This weekend it WILL be posted, and if nobody decides on a game or that they'd like to win the tournament, it's gonna be something I pick.

I'm up for Tecmo Super Bowl. GO ALL THE WAY 1993 COLTS! Honestly though, I will play anything. I "have" every game.

If we do TSB, there's a question that has to be asked - which version?

1) The 1991, NES version, with major incompleteness (but is the competition friendly version).

2) The 1993, SNES version, which solves the issues from the above game.

3) The 1995, SNES TSB3, which has the two-point conversion but the gameplay is changed significantly.

blech...I'm not big into sports games. At least not professional sports games. NBA Street was cool though.

TSB is actually very arcade-y. The strategy/skill/luck ratio is pretty even, and you have just about as good of a chance of winning as anyone else.

I keep telling everyone this - the best sports game is a sports GAME, not a SIMULATION. Tecmo Super Bowl is undoubtedly a game first, and a very fun one at that, with a significant football element.

Unless we played TSB1, where I would run up the gut on you every time and score 100-0.

So are we still doing this? My thoughts: hurry up and finish SMK so we can move on to next month's. We're behind.

Oh lol - I thought I made a post this morning about this but I guess not.

I'm wanting to finish this up after the backlash over moving on, so I'll be on for games when I'm online (which is admittedly not much anymore these days, but enough to play a bunch of rounds of hsf2).

Drack has stated we won't be playing for a while, so we're going to advance dPaladin.

Since dP has already defeated me, this gives Atmuh the inane opportunity to win the tournament from 5th position by playing only one match, if he wishes. However, I will be fighting on dP's behalf if it should come to that, since I'd like a highly un-warranted second place honor.

Atmuh vs. kamoh

Winner vs. dPaladin

(dPaladin 5-3 kamoh)

wow... this still isn't done?

dang. spring break is almost over too. i pulled out because i thought this would be done before i came back

Welcome to the suck.

dPaladin is declared the winner, and he will select a game soon (hopefully by tomorrow). The deadlines will be truncated quite a bit so that we can get a rotation for tournaments going, and we won't declare the number of playoff advancers until the registration deadline has passed. However, plan on a three-week tournament.

I want some feedback from everyone else on this, though. Right now I'm leaning toward Super Bomberman 2 for SNES.

But would anyone object/not be able to play if we used a N64 or GBA game instead? Super Smash Bros. on netplay might chop a bit, but that's an awesome game to play. Advance Wars for GBA could be great fun, but I admit that it's pretty time-consuming. The only problems I see with N64 is that mapping the controls to a keyboard is even crazier and that it will be harder to play online with a decent framerate. GBA basically functions like an SNES so we should be okay unless we can't find a good emulator. Thoughts?

that's an awesome idea. much more variety of games. i just need the emus that support netplay... ._.

hey dpal. do you want to race just for fun? cause we never actually got around to it. and i always wanted to see exactly how good you are. :D

that's an awesome idea. much more variety of games. i just need the emus that support netplay... ._.

hey dpal. do you want to race just for fun? cause we never actually got around to it. and i always wanted to see exactly how good you are. :D

Sure, I'm up for playing most games any time. Also, the next game is Super Bomberman 2. If you want to, sign up in the thread here:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=260994