2 Techno tracks: Monofunk and Guerilla

Available at my newly created Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/gyamori

They were made as experiments in getting into the Techno sound and way of sequencing. No, I have never actually made Techno before. I think this snippet from Wikipedia sums it up pretty well:

There are many ways to make techno, but a typical techno production is created using a compositional technique that developed to suit the genre's sequencer-driven, electronic instrumentation. While this technique is rooted in a Western music framework (as far as scales, rhythm and meter, and the general role played by each type of instrument), it does not typically employ traditional approaches to composition such as reliance on the playing of notes, the use of overt tonality and melody, or the generation of accompaniment for vocals. Some of the most effective techno music consists of little more than cleverly programmed rhythmic foundations and musical phrases that interplay with different types of special signal processing and frequency filtering, mixed in such a way that it's not clear where the instrument's timbres end and the added effects begin.

Monofunk was based around a funk clip I sampled and cut up in the fruity slicer, changing the pitch and constructing my own riffs. The end result was a somewhat laid-back, housy sound. Guerilla was made using nothing but drum samples. The bongos and congas are about as tonal as you'll get in that track.

• 3 weeks later...