FFX-2 Memories of Light and Sound

DorIImaA

Started this quite some time ago, and I just got back around to fixing it up. Overall, I think it's about as good as it's gonna get, but I'd like to have a little feedback from which to place finishing touches, especially regarding the bass around 1:51 which I just added and am, therefore, a little critical of myself.

http://www.purevolume.com/doriimaa

Gracias.

Some pretty good stuff, I like the source a lot. your piano sounds a little thin, like there isn't much of a room sound at all. The velocity seems pretty static for a lot of it as well, i'd vary that up a bit so the song rises and falls.

The left hand seems content to just play arpeggios, which is ok, but they sound very mechanical, as the song goes on it gets really boring. Then there are times where it cuts out and there's no bass at all.

Though it is rumored that I hate treble, this is not true. However, this song needs some more bass, some more midrange as well. Things are generally very empty in your soundfield, and though you do some nice changeups in the piano melody at times, the rest of the song sounds simplistic and undeveloped. Even something as basic as changing up the left hand arpeggios to occasionally do chords and add some additional synths would make this feel a lot more complete.

Speaking of synths, the ones used vary in qualuty from pretty nice (the opening sustained synth), to not-so-nice, with the synth that comes in at 1:21, which is cool that it does some nice panning, but it's an octave too high and a little lowfi sounding.

You have the right idea for getting started on arrangement, and I think you have the chops to really improve this, but it needs to be filled out way more. :-)