Count pixels of each color in image?

Dafydd

I'm actually looking for the same thing as I need to count how many pixels of this and that colors there is in a couple of images.

So anyone knows of this program Dafydd has used, or another one?

Edit: Actualy I found out that Photoshop is able to count that. ^^ it won't list all the colors and numbers, but it will tell you how mane pixles you have marked, so if you only choose one color, tadaa, you've got the answer. and this is how to do it:

Step 8: Count the cups

Now you need to order the cups. Each "pixel" is one cup. (Cups are sold in lots of 50.) What we need is a handy way to count the number of pixels of each color in our picture.

In Photoshop we can select one color at a time by choosing Select > Color Range, and then using the eyedropper to pick a color. Make sure you turn the "fuzziness" setting all the way down to 0.

fence-pixelcount.jpg

Now that you have a single color selected, open the Histogram palette, under Window > Histogram. It probably doesn't look like much until you click the options button (a circle with a right-pointing triangle up by the word "histogram"). Choose "Expanded view" and suddenly you'll be able to see interesting information about the selection. Specifically, you can see the number of pixels that are selected. In our case, we have 210 light blue pixels selected, so we need 210 light blue Put-In-Cups.

Repeat this step for each color in your picture. It's a good idea to cut the pixels and paste them into a new, hidden layer as you go so that you can keep track of which colors you've accounted for.