Python Man...a Knight Man remix

YoshiBlade

h're ye h're ye. . . . ev'ryone hark, ive madeth a new mega-man remix and its a remix of knight sir. i v'ry much enjoyeth mm6 and i just did want to professeth mine own loveth f'r monty python and the holy grail, from king auth'r's inability to counteth to killeth'r rabbits i am a pythonist and as a side noteth is th're anyone who doesn't liketh monty python? not judging i'm just curious. i must now but anon depart, as i am quite infected with bubonic-plague and needeth to receiveth some leeches on me and p'rhaps a nice bleeding hasten mine own recov'ry fare thee well fellow travelers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm2c80nvrc3i9pt/Python Man.mp3?dl=0

• 3 months later...

Well, YoshiBlade, I only played MM6 very briefly so I'm not totally familiar with the context of the source, but I do love me some Monty Python. Given your above post, I certainly didn't want you to be sad because no one voiced their opinion ... although your olde English could do with some work. I hope those leeches work out for you. :D

When I first listened to this in October, I'll admit that it didn't make a huge impression on me at the time. Listening again, properly, I'm actually quite fond of this. Your choice of instruments interests me the most; that mandolin is so out of place with the EDM style concept-wise, but fits very well with your choice of synth-tones. I like how it builds, but perhaps a bit longer than I'd like; I know this is EDM, but that main progression does get a bit repetitive (0:00-2:48 before there is any real variation). I don't usually like original source sampling, but the quotes you have chosen are very appropriate to the atmosphere of the track - what I mean is you've chosen lines like 'none shall pass' and 'the Black Knight always triumphs'  instead of the more cheesy lines ... at least until the end. :) I especially like the bit between 3:57 and 4:24; the mix here of synth and mandolin is really quite pretty IMO. Great sound design here. I should point out that the mandolin is a bit overpowered by the synth in the latter part of this solo as the sound builds back up, but this may be by design.

Cool track, gonna add this to my mix. I like!

• 4 weeks later...