OLRmageddon

Xenon Odyssey

Our theme this month is prophecies! (No, not that Prophecy.) Any game with a strong lore about the end o' da world is game for the mixing! While I do not know what exactly what would fall into that category (presumably every JRPG ever), I'll post some examples when cotti gets around to letting me know what applies!

And our bonus is maniacal laughter! As an instrument or as an effect (or both), the choice is yours. And to quote cotti, original recordings are highly encouraged!

• 4 weeks later...

ProjectSpam was our winner last month, and he gives us the theme of over 18! Basically, any game that is over 18 years old is fair for remixing. For reference (and perspective for some), Super Metroid came out in March 1994, so that's not eligible to remix. However, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 came out in February 1994, so that is eligible! So rule of thumb, if it came out before Sonic 3, it's game.

The bonus this time is POWAH BALLADS. Are you a bad enough dude to make a remix like Vigilante? Now would be the month to prove it!

• 1 month later...

So Brunzo was our (l)on(e)ly entry last month, but he allowed Tarrasque to write the theme this month, and this time it's Mash-Ups! Any two sources, and create either the most awesome thing since awesome, or the demon spawn of a musician's nightmare! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

And Tarrasque didn't give a bonus, so unless he does, there isn't one! No extra points this time!

So Brunzo was our (l)on(e)ly entry last month, but he allowed Tarrasque to write the theme this month, and this time it's Mash-Ups! Any two sources, and create either the most awesome thing since awesome, or the demon spawn of a musician's nightmare! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

And Tarrasque didn't give a bonus, so unless he does, there isn't one! No extra points this time!

OH NO, no extra bonus points?! HOW WILL I ENSURE VICTORY NOW?

OH NO, no extra bonus points?! HOW WILL I ENSURE VICTORY NOW?

Well you are in luck! Because Tarrasque has added a bonus: if the two sources you pick are from two different generations, bonus points for you! By two different generations, we're talking an NES + Xbox, Genesis + PS2, etc. Also, if you travel to PC land, then you categorize by decade of release (which isn't that great but what else ya gonna do).

SO GET MIXIN'!!

• 4 weeks later...

With OneUp bringing us a spectacular NES mash-up, he also gives us our theme for this month: BATMAN! Any game that the caped crusader has starred in is eligible, from the 8-bit to his most recent outing in Arkham City!

And the bonus this time is a little different: basically, you draw you own original Batman villian, and you'll receive the bonus. You can attach it as album art so we can all see it (or send it to me with your remix and I'll attach it), and then we'll have two voting categories this month! One for the music, and one for the drawing! Haven't really decided on a prize for the drawing category, but we'll figure something out as we go along. Sound cool?

• 1 month later...

Since nobody likes Batman (or, at least the music that represents him), Tarrasque has given us our theme for this month, which is Non-Famous Composers! He wrote up this long list of people who don't qualify, so it basically boils down to indie games and obscure titles. Of course, there are games like Ducktales which are eligible, since nobody is sure who did the music! But I digress.

The bonus is the Wilhelm Scream! Use it in your mix for those juicy +2 points. AND, there's an XO's Challenge this month! If you make a Nico Nico Douga style remix using only the Wilhelm Scream as a sound, you'll get +4 bonus points, extra voting points (amount to be determined from number of entries), and a custom forum title (obviously at OLR, not here)! More info can be found in the thread at OLR.