* Your real name : Nick Tomassetti

* Your email address: Nicktomassetti@hotmail.com

* Your website : www.myspace.com/mrmilkcartonmusic

* Your userid 28401

* Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

* Calling the Four Giants

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/12211 - 245 "Calling the Four Giants"

At 1:17, the treble frequencies became piercing and stayed that way, so those would really need to be toned down. That issue also affected the overall mixing as the treble was obscuring other sounds.

I like many of the interpretive ideas in the arrangement, and a lot of the supporting instrumentation ideas were cool. But by 2:50, I was bored by the lack of more pronounced dynamics within the piece. That was a good opportunity to take the track in another direction or develop the ideas more.

The dynamic build from :55 until the end was basically just a parabola; slowy built up, crested and descended. At least in this case, that wasn't a particularly engaging way to handle it, IMO, since the stuttered rhythms were basically the same the entire time.

It wouldn't take much, IMO, to add a bit more dynamic contrast and variation to the stuttered rhythms and overall dynamics to put this one over the top. I really hope we hear more from you Nick, you're ahead of maybe 80% of first-time submitters with something like this, and show some good potential.

NO (resubmit)

Yeah this is quite the track. Makes me wanna shake some white and not very hot booty.

Still, some issues are holding it back at the moment. The trebles are at times piercing and you could afford to tone them down just a teeny tiny bit. The rest of the production in all it's sidechained glory was cool. Crisp and clear.

The arrangement could use some additional polish. Right now you've got a great concept down but there's not much evolution going on here. Like Larry said the gated synth chords lack variation and that goes for pretty much all of the meat in the track. There's practically no dynamic curve here. Just a bit more variation in the arrangement, be it beat, melody, rhythm or just a new break, would really help. Ultimately I'd like to ask you for some more of the melody line from the original. Just a little more interpretive use of the melody would kick this arrangement up a notch. I realize you're already using the melody but again it's repetitive and it wouldn't hurt to have another connection, maybe in a chill break or something?

Overall this shows a LOT of promise. You're definitely on to something great here. Still, this needs to be a little more refined. Less high end, more dynamic arrangement, a bit more interpretive with the melody and we're game.

NO(resubmit)

First off, excellent beat. I liked what you had here, very easy to listen to. However, it's hard to hear the melodic content in this song. The treble gets so loud, the melodic stuff gets lost. From what I could tell, the song keeps the chords intact and transfers the harp part to a synth, somewhat. The synth part is hard to make out, so the connection to the source is weakened. I also thought the song got tiring in how it handled the source. It built up pretty nicely as a trance song, but just not so much as an arrangement of Zelda, if you get me. More direct voicing of the melody would have helped to solidify the connection and keep the song interesting.

As mentioned, that treble is way too loud. It eats up all the space you have. You have to tone it down on the hats and stuff. Let the melodic parts use some of that space.

Afraid that this is not ready to pass yet. Another pass at it to redo the mixing and maybe tweak parts of the arrangement could put it over the top.

NO (resubmit)