OC ReMix Presents Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed!

Level 99

cover500.jpg

OC ReMix Presents Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed

April 12, 2011

FAIRFAX, VA--OverClocked ReMix today released its 25th arrangement album, Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed. This album, directed by OverClocked ReMixer and staff member Drew "halc" Wheeler, features 15 artists creating 13 arrangements from the original Sonic the Hedgehog game, released in 1991 on the Sega Genesis. The new album completes the original Sonic trilogy's presence as OC ReMix albums, joining Hedgehog Heaven (Sonic the Hedgehog 2) and Project Chaos (Sonic 3 & Knuckles). The Sound of Speed is available for free download at http://sos.ocremix.org.

This album was produced to help promote the music of Sonic the Hedgehog, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by SEGA or Sonic Team; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

Director Drew Wheeler says:

"Sonic the Hedgehog. Possibly the first video game I ever played. To this day, I still enjoy speeding through the game once in a while, humming to the music all the while. Popular as it may be, its soundtrack is somewhat overlooked in the VGM arrangement world in comparison to the later Genesis installments. But no more!

I'm extremely honored to present OverClocked ReMix's twenty-fifth album, Sonic the Hedgehog: The Sound of Speed! From rock to chiptune, bossa nova to jazz, FM-funk-fusion and thumping electronica, this album completely re-imagines the classic soundtrack. Each song is unique, but the over-arching theme is undeniable; The Sound of Speed is a chronicle of Sonic's first adventure, flowing from one act to the next, in and out of the elusive Special Zone, down to his untimely aquatic asphyxiation. You'll find something new with every listen.

I couldn't be more proud of the amazing work everyone put into this album, and I hope you all enjoy it!"

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###