16-bit Soundtrack for a game I did (FM Synthesis)

EC2151

I haven't actually received the game itself to actually play it, but I helped a gal I know over the internet by crafting a soundtrack for her game, entitled "WindMiles."

The stipulation was 7 BGM, and 3 sound cues (two for item gets, and one game over cue).

I used TFM Maker to make the songs, so they're no GeckoYamori, but hey.

If I ever get the actual game from her, I'd be sure to post it to see how the music actually works in the game.

It was the first time I had ever composed for someone else, and it was actually a really fun experience, one that I'd love to do again, if possible. Instead of solo-composing, where you have to think of everything yourself, it was actually a lot of fun to try to make my music fit into the world someone else had created.

Well, they are all on my soundcloud link in my sig, under the WindMiles OST collection, but I'll post them here too:

01 Project WindMiles

02 Sky Level: The Sky's the Limit (14/8, aren't I fancy)

03 Sea Level: My Troubles Wash Away

04 Cave Level: Pressure from Below (probably my single favorite track I made for the game... also one of the first)

05 Pirate Ship: Creeping Sickness

06 Boss Fight: Salt n' Grime: Fight the Pirate King! (EC goes all experimental ooooo)

07 Credits: Breathe the Fresh Air

So, now that I made a game soundtrack, that means you should all start making remixes of them! :tomatoface:

But in any event, listen and enjoy, and say something nice (or not nice) y'know!

Title 01 - Melody is good, instruments dont do it justice. too quiet and muddy. Also, drum beat starts to get sour after 1 minute. Also, in my opinion, song needs to transform about a minute in, or else it will become boring.

sky's the limit - good melody, but bass doesn't have enough energy for me. again instruments are of low quality. (worse than nes) i like to get funky with my bass (if you haven't noticed, i tend to do this _"_"_"_" with my bass (think disco), octave up then octave down. creates a really funky energy.

troubles wash away - good but too darn quiet. drums are so low quality that they interfere with the song quality

cave level - bass is too quiet, really important because the bass carries the listener. also chorus melody is too quiet listeners may ignore it altogether

pirate ship - creepy as hell except for the white noise, and the dissonant notes in the background could help, but don't because they are of low quality and not right timber (should be more like celestas)

boss fight had no boss fight energy whatsoever, until 1 minute in. would sound good as menu music however.

credits are my favorite *possibly because they have no drums?

basically try using midi or soundfonts would be better quality