I have been working on organizing an Ys album to commemorate the series' 30th anniversary. I've been looking for people interested in participating, so I thought I'd ask around here. Here are the details:
1) The submission deadline will be December 5. It is not necessarily a hard deadline, but definitely do try to meet it. After this, tracks will be mastered and the album should be released about two weeks later.
2) We use a first-come, first-serve track claiming system. Just tell me what track you're interested in and I'll add it to a spreadsheet.
3) The finished album will be uploaded to my channel and made available for download upon release, and I will actively promote it in communities I think would be interested, such as ones centered around game music, Ys, and RPGs in general.
4) You may release or upload your track(s) wherever else you wish after the release of the album.
5) I would like for the album to include at least two tracks from each distinct soundtrack in the series. To be specific, that's at least two tracks from each of:
III/Oath in Felghana
IV: Dawn of Ys
Memories of Celceta/Foliage Ocean in Celceta
VIII (includes all tracks from the original release and PS4 added tracks, as well as the unused tracks)
You can see the current state of the claiming spreadsheet here.
6) Medleys are allowed. Tracks are not required to be from the same game.
7) While you're completely welcome to select any track in the series that's not already claimed, at the moment we are especially hoping to find people who will do new tracks from Celceta and any tracks from V to ensure there'll be at least two tracks per game.
Finished tracks should be submitted to me in 24-bit, 48 kHz, -6 dB WAV for mastering.
9) You are more than welcome to do multiple tracks if you feel you are able, but don't attempt more than you know you are capable of finishing to your highest standard of quality.
11) The album name will be determined in the near future, and the art created soon after that.
I've made a Discord server for the project to help coordinate things. Here's a link if you think it would be useful.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me, here or in PM!