Duke Nukem 2

purplecowadoom

Song: I wanna say level 4...come again it might be level 9...but then I just don't remember! I DO know that the level in question had a lot of an orangey-metallicish look to it. I don't know how much that helps. I don't even know how many people have even played the game at all considering the popularity of it's follow-up.

Why: Because I said so!

Genre: DnB

Special Instrument: Electric Guitar

Side note from the future!!!: I feel so stupid! I played through the game again and there's never a level 9 or even a level 8 (unless you count the boss level at the end of each episode). DN2 has a grand total of 28 levels with 7 levels per episode and a fight with the Rigelatin leader at the end of every episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I went hunting for DN2 midi rips and guess what? I found some! I can't find the tune for the level that I said I wanted, but now that I've heard what the music for the first level sounds like, I think that it would make for the perfect replacement song. Therefore, anyone interested in hearing the song can email me at dpslegogamer@mindless.com. You gotz tu feel zee muzic! Feel zee muzic!!!

Ok, scratch that. I've just found a youtube video with the tune for DN2 Episode 1-Level 7 and it. is. awesome! Here's the link, check it out!

And here's Level 5, the level I originally wanted mixed.

Here's Level 1. It takes about a minute for the guy to actually start playing, but as a plus (or for some maybe a minus), you get to here Duke sounding like Schwartzenager! There's also some background noise on this one, but it shouldn't stop people from getting a general idea.

Here's Level 2. Same guy playing as the one above. It still takes about a minute in for the actual playing part. Yes, there's still background noise, but that aside, all these tunes rock the house, even for midis!

If I find any of the music for the other levels I'll put 'em up here but I seriously doubt I will. Let's go with optimism though. Yay!

A note to potential remixers: It may be a good idea to make a mix with the songs for two levels in it. The songs for Level 1, 2, and 5 have enough content to make a good portion of a mix, but Level 7's tune doesn't, unless you wanna start getting repetitive. My hope is that by fluidly combining two songs together in the mix you avoid drawing out the songs too much. Not that drawn out songs are bad, just bad for these songs, in my opinion anyways.

Well I took out my old copy of DN2 and downloaded DOSbox so that I could finally be able to get the game's sound working and check to see if I missed any songs. I managed to figure out enough DOS to get it working, and played through episode 1 in its entirety. Aside from it being a good stroll down memory lane, and a surprise to me that I could still play a perfect playthrough (as though something in the recesses of my mind that had been asleep suddenly woke up), it seems that aside from Level 6 (which I decided to skip since it's a good tune but also pretty repetitive), it seems I found all the best music from the game and posted it on here already. Yay again!

Ok. Starting after this post I shall do that where appropriate. I just want to make sure that the old posts are in tact so that those potential remixers that would be considering doing this stuff can get the full history of what's happened in the thread if they choose to look into that. Otherwise though, thanks for the tip.