controlling the mod wheel with plugins that use it?

SSB

I've really tried to find a way to use the mod wheel from the piano roll on various plugins, but unfortunately I don't see any way to do that. For example EQWL symphonic orchestra. i'd love to vary the accents of brass attacks, but alas, I cannot. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

I've really tried to find a way to use the mod wheel from the piano roll on various plugins, but unfortunately I don't see any way to do that. For example EQWL symphonic orchestra. i'd love to vary the accents of brass attacks, but alas, I cannot. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Heh, I had the same problem when I was first using it, but digging through the manual finally yielded my answer:

Ok, so I'm assuming you're loading multiple instruments into your EWQLSO instance and controlling them with MIDI out channels (if you're not, let me know and I can explain it). Now, open the MIDI out channel for your brass instrument. Right click on the top left of one of the 8 blank knobs and click configure. Now, give it a full name and short name (doesn't really matter, up to you, but the short name will show up when you use it). Then, go down to Controller Number. Enter in 1, then click accept.

Now this knob will control the Mod Wheel for the instrument the MIDI out is controlling. All you need to do now is to control it throughout the song. The best way I've found to do this is with automation clips. Right click on the knob and click create automation clip. A green clip will appear on your timeline, which will control the value of the Mod Wheel while the song is playing. Just adjust it to the desired levels and you're good to go.