vst question

is there any way to make it so that when i use vst plugins with fruity loops it wont eat up all of my cpu. fruity plugins use up like 0% cpu but others tear it up. maybe i just need a new computer. but im broke so cant buy stuff. and i dont have the patience to render all my tracks to save cpu.

is there any way to make it so that when i use vst plugins with fruity loops it wont eat up all of my cpu.

http://www.fxfreeze.com/

fruity plugins use up like 0% cpu but others tear it up. maybe i just need a new computer.

Or maybe you need ASIO?

but im broke so cant buy stuff. and i dont have the patience to render all my tracks to save cpu.

Then there's no other option.

http://www.fxfreeze.com/

Or maybe you need ASIO?

Then there's no other option.

i have ASIO and i set the buffer length to like 500 ms (which is max for my creative soundblaster zs platnum) which is a little better but i still have like 100 cpu usage and some skiping sometimes. i dont want to render my tracks because i still like to ajust all the settings while i work on it.. 1 GB of ram and a degraded mother board (because mine went out last year and i needed a new one but had to get a cheap one cause im a poor college student)

i have ASIO and i set the buffer length to like 500 ms

With actually using ASIO that shouldn't be above 10ms.

but i still have like 100 cpu usage

And only if you use FL Studio? Don't have any virus scanners or spyware stuff running on the background? If so, get rid of that crap, or make 2 separate installs, one for music and one for your other stuff.

1 GB of ram and a degraded mother board (because mine went out last year and i needed a new one but had to get a cheap one cause im a poor college student)

Here's free advice: see which people you know are dumping their computer because they're too slow (usually filled to the brim with spyware or viruses). This happens more often than you think. Ask if you can have it. Make a clean install, done.

In FL Studio make sure you have Tools>Macros>smart disable for all, checked off, it should help, also if it's vsti's you're having trouble with try sampling the parts you're using them for and then saving just the midi for reference, then you don't even need that VSTi there.

In FL Studio make sure you have Tools>Macros>smart disable for all, checked off, it should help, also if it's vsti's you're having trouble with try sampling the parts you're using them for and then saving just the midi for reference, then you don't even need that VSTi there.

yea but if i sample one note.. im not going to have the quality that the vst provides.

i like ot have the best quality. but i think i just need to do a fresh hard drive install because i have tons of fragmented files that wont defragment and a bunch of processes that start even though i dont know what they are. will buying more ram help? i have 2 more slots for ram that i thinki should use up...

yea but if i sample one note.. im not going to have the quality that the vst provides.

If you play it back at the same speed there's no difference in quality at all. You'll run into quality issues when you transpose them up or down.

will buying more ram help? i have 2 more slots for ram that i thinki should use up...

I'd save up for a new motherboard :).