*NO* F-Zero 'Out in the Woods'

Liontamer

Hi

I hope my way of submitting my song is right and ok.

Remixername: ilixifi

Jürgen Brunner

thejotman@gmx.at

www.ilikescifi.com

userid: 44449804

Game:

FZero (Snes)

track: Mute city

--

www.sangriaboys.tk

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=fz - "Mute City" (fz-09.spc)

Recording quality was decent, but that and the EQing could use some work. I didn't hear anything related to the source tune for quite a while. If anything, the intro sounded vaguely like "Silence". The performance had a cool rough quality to it, but something tighter probably would have been more effective.

The Mute City melody only showed at up 2:19 of a 3:17 long track. You need to have way more of the source tune involved in the arrangement (IMO, at least 50% of the track), and not just bookended onto a wholly original track. Interesting track, but too much of it had little to do with F-Zero explicitly.

NO

Mute City theme felt totally tacked on to an original song. I think the manner in which you used it was cool, but we're looking for a full song along the lines of the last minute of yours. If I missed some source usage, I'll definitely revisit this one. Thought your sound built up well, though those vocals could have been brought out more.

NO

• 2 months later...

I'm going to disagree with larry and say that I heard the room almost more than I heard the guitars. This is okay as an effect, but it's a little bit much. The vocals as well. It sounds like a audience recording of a small club show. The bass entrance really helps the sound. I like the entrance.

I'm hearing the chord progression but not the melody. I think you need a bit more relation to the original. Also, The arrangement dies. Come up with an ending.

NO