ideas for a musical

chrono26

A thought that's been running through my head is an opera about being stuck at an airport (i.e. all flights cancelled due to bad weather). It lends itself well to character development, but plot is a little difficult. Might be an acceptable challenge. Just a thought...

thats actually a good idea. maybe the main character is on his way to do something life changing like interview for a big new job or get married but he's not too sure its what he really wants. all that time stuck in the airport would give him time to think about what he wants to do with his life. maybe all the main characters have something like that happening with them. not a bad idea at all.

thats actually a good idea. maybe the main character is on his way to do something life changing like interview for a big new job or get married but he's not too sure its what he really wants. all that time stuck in the airport would give him time to think about what he wants to do with his life. maybe all the main characters have something like that happening with them. not a bad idea at all.

If you decide it wouldn't be too politically incorrect to touch, I think a comedic subplot about a group of incompetent terrorists and the TSA officials chasing them would be a lot of fun. ("What? I thought you packed the exploding shoes!")

• 1 month later...

BUMP

PLEASE READ, HELP APPRECIATED

now that i'm done with school (and not taking summer courses) i'm gonna get started on this thing. I really like the airport idea that abadoss came up with.

like i said in an earlier post, i think that the plot will be about a group of people on their way to somewhere and something that is going to change their life. for example, one guy is interviewing for a big new job, someone else is about to be married, another on the way to his/her father's funeral, someone else just starting college. things like that. all the time stuck in the airport will give them time to think about their lives and share with each other whats going on. Maybe they decide their life isnt going the way they want it to. maybe they overcome their fears about what they're about to do. whatevs.

any ideas for plot, characters or topics for musical numbers will be very helpfull. i'm seriously considering writing this as a rap opera (hip-hopera if you will) with rock, jazz, and funk mixed in as well. please no dumb jokes about how the characters should "walk it out" or "bust a cap" or do/say anything stereotypical of bad hip-hop music. i want this to be serious. thanks ahead of time