Illusion of Gaia - Legacy of the Ancients

narf

I've made a mix of the track Legacy of the Ancients (or Blessing of Nature depending on what SPC set you go by) from Illusion of Gaia on the Super Nintendo.

The original track is pretty depressing so I tried to make it a bit livelier by adding some drums, bass, strings and made a couple of alterations to the melody.

Its more an enhancement than an arrangement as it didn't really rearrange the structure of the song besides adding an ending (the original looped).

I have the wind type sounds at the start because it sounded a bit weird just suddenly starting and I couldn't up with anything that served as a good intro.

I know the bass sounds crap and I the mixing could do with a lot of work, but I don't really know what I'm doing with that.

Well I appreciate any feedback that can help me make this better.

Check it out here: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/bhdn/Illusion-of-Gaia---Legacy-of-the-Ancients-Enhanced

Here's a link to the original (track 8 ): http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=1189>

Yep, I'm hearing source. hard to miss. :P

Up the key somewhere! :D That would be cool.

Also, do re-arrange it. The sections are all pretty, see if moving them around is gonna make it better or worse (take a backup before you do anhything as drastic as that). See what happens if you add a middle section based on the ending.

I like its sound. I know there's nitpicks that are gonan spot stuff to change, but I can't really tell what needs work. Those samples are great... if they are samples.

Anyway, I like it. Needs some more re-arranging and variation, but other than that, I don't know what you should improve. Oh and if Chaser can record ocarina (and is any good at playing it), use it. :D Would be cool.