*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Twilight Princess 'A Stormy Song'

Liontamer

* Name of song: A stormy song (actual Newgrounds title is The Song of Storms, but on your standards, it says that the song can't have a name that's the same of the original, hence A stormy song would fit)

* ReMixer name: MickMad

* email address: mick1080dgmad@hotmail.com

* website: http://the-mickmad.newgrounds.com/ and http://mickmad.deviantart.com/

* userid: 21346

* Name of game(s) arranged: Zelda OOT, Zelda TP

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Zelda OOT:Song of Time, Song of Storms; Zelda TP: Intro

* Additional information: Composer, Koji Kondo; Systems:N64, CGN, Wii

* Link to the song : (also downloadable there)

* Coments: This is my take on Zelda OOT's song of Storms, with some referring to the Song of Time and TP's intro...I made this by request of a Newgrounds user that after listening to my Zelda Memories (which was not accepted here btw), I opened Reason 4 and my Virtual Midi Controller (I dont have a good midi to usb converter, so I stick on using my pc qwerty keyboard) and started working...actually I don't know how the Song of Time came out, but it was nice so I kept that, then I worked hard till late night to finish the whole piece, finally closing with a reference to TP, that really deserves some honours after all...For the tech stuff there's no much to say, xcept what I already mentioned (Reason and Virtual Midi Controller)...ok hope u like this and hope to see my work on oc remix asap! :) thanks for ur time

• 2 weeks later...

The writing felt quite basic. The song starts with some very drawn-out strings, leading into slightly more complex patterns, but even then the writing was underdeveloped, too simple. I totally wasn't feeling the switch at 2:28 either, where it became quite similar to the source song. 3:07 tried to inject some energy, but didn't quite; some new countermelodies in the bass region could have added more power. This really needs more to it than what's there. I'm digging the mood, and some parts of this are decently personalized, but I'd like to see more detail in the writing and more departure from the source songs.

With how drawn-out those opening notes are, the string quality could stand to be stronger. It's a little dull to listen to. Volume changes and more realistic articulations could cover for the quality of sample. The violin coming in at 1:11 is pretty low-quality too, and with something so prominent I think you need something more realistic.

Lot of room for improvement here. I did like some elements of this, so I hope you keep working on your skills, Michele.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/usf/lozusf.rar - 44 "Temple of Time" & 57 "Windmill Hut"

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Game Rip) - 02 "Intro"

Palpable pretty much covered all of the details and criticisms that stuck out. The sample quality and articulations on the strings hurt the piece. The brass usage was brief and contained to the intro, but some of that also hurt pretty badly in terms of realism. The timing of some of the accordion notes during the "Windmill Hut" portion was slightly off-time on a few occasions.

The textures and overall writing were pretty simplistic and straightforward. I also wasn't a fan of the style of "Windmill Hut" being aped so closely at 2:45 and felt your take didn't do enough to stand apart from the original as a creative interpretation, which didn't help at all when keeping our arrangement standards in mind.

A decent piece, but lacks a lot of polish. The writing itself deserves something more sophisticated and complex; right now things are too basic as the others have pointed out. Keep working on developing your skills however you can, Michele. For all its flaws, the piece still sounded musical and the potential is clearly there for improvement!

NO