Issue with Memor32 and Memento firmware

The Pezman

Okay, so anyone who had worked with the Memor32 memory card and the Memento firmware that should be able to be loaded on it, I'm talking to you.

Yes, I went to the support forums. Or at least the forums the official Memento site pointed me to. Not only are people there incapable of stringing together cogent sentences which actually address the problem, I'm not getting any useful information even when a bright, shining star of a forum member manages to actually understand and respond to my question.

Anyways, I ordered the Memor32 card. I followed these instructions: I downloaded the driver from the card's official website, installed it, linked the card to my computer, wiped it, took it out and formatted it in the PS2, then plugged it back into my computer and put the 1.1 firmware on it.

The game I tried to play wouldn't get past the menu screen, so I figured I would reformat the card and place the 1.2e firmware on it, to see what would happen. I plugged it back into my computer, erased it, formatted it again in the PS2, plugged it back into my computer, and tried to patch it with the 1.2e firmware.

It would not work. It told me to check the memory card or the cable. This sounded fishy, so I opened up the Memor32 savegame manager. The card showed up as connected, with a green check mark. In fact, I erased it, formatted it again, and tried it again. Nothing. I tried the 1.1 firmware. Nothing. I tried it on someone else's computer (installing the drivers and everything). Nothing. In short, the savegame manager can see the card just fine but the firmware patcher cannot.

Any thoughts?