*NO* Legend of Zelda 'A Day in the Life (of Link)'

Liontamer

* Your ReMixer name: warrenwillard

* Your real name: warren willard

* Your email address: warrenwillard@gmail.com

* Your website: http://home.comcast.net/~warrenwillard/site/

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 23572

* Name of game(s) arranged: NES The Legend Of Zelda

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Dungeon theme, Item find sound, secret find sound, Overworld theme, Death sound, Continue screen.

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: Guitars and Bass played by me, recorded direct through a vox tonelab le. Drums are midi, sequenced in Reaper and run through a vsti software called Addictive drums. Everything recorded and mixed in Reaper. Loved the game as a kid, so that's pretty much the 'inspiration'.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/zelda.zip - A bunch of 'em

Overall, a pretty solid sound, Warren, which is why this made it here to the panel. But this doesn't make it to the site, because 1) it's under 2 minutes and not a developed concept, 2) the arrangement of the themes isn't particularly interpretive or personalized, and 3) it's got medley-itis, i.e.:

Your submission must have a strong focus and direction. Medleys must sound like a single song, not multiple songs pasted together.

From a production standpoint, you sound like you're already pretty capable. This had solid harmonizations, good mixing/sound balance, and a beefy soundscape. So there's no hate here. You should be creating stuff for the monthly Dwelling of Duels compos if you're not already. I'd love to hear what you were capable of with 3 to 4 minutes and a more focused, more developed, more interpretive arrangement. I'm definitely hoping we hear from you again in the future.

NO

There were three points I wanted to make and BOOM: Larry has hit them all. Too underdeveloped and conservative, and the songs don't connect well enough. You did work some neat improvisation into this in short bursts; it needs more along those lines, a more substantial change. The drum change-ups were pretty sweet though and definitely lended this character. I'd love to see you take one of the longer themes here and expand it into its own song, maybe soloing over the chords or something. You've got a great sound and I bet you could get something passed here if it was closer to our standards. Hope to hear from you again!

NO

• 1 month later...