Gain Ground - The Final Era

VDZ

Hi...I'm kind of new to Fruity Loops and stuff, but I try to make half-decent music ^_^

Anyways, this is probably my most 'completed' remix so far. It's a rearrangement from the final era from the Master System version of Gain Ground (

).

I have to warn you in advance, though: I'm completely new to this, so it isn't very good.

Anyways, I need general feedback on this (things that can be improved and whatnot), and I personally think the electric guitar doesn't sound right...but I can't find a good alternative :( Can you help me with that as well?

This is the song.

As the people of this forum have told me on several occasions, there isn't much you can do to get good synth guitars. You can use Slayer (if you have it) for BETTER guitar.

Extremely repetitive. It's not that your source isn't repetitive, but that just means you have to work harder.

The instrument at the very beginning (harp?) has a very low decay. All the notes kind of mush together.

Experiment a little more with the drums. You can barely hear them, and they don't do a lot exciting.

Your other preclusions aren't loud enough and don't do much either. Try adding new preclusions, rewriting preclusions, etc.

Do some more with the main melody. It repeats way too much. Feel free to have a section or two that go away from the theme.

I'm actually fairly new myself. When I put my first (remixed) song up on these forums, I was pummeled with reasons my song wasn't up to the high standards. But, after a lot of work, the song got...well, better. Still not to standard, but it someday might be. I think you might have a similar experience. Or, you might find it easier to make yous better, you might find it incredibly difficult (I did). Just whichever way it goes, good luck.