*NO* Wonder Boy 3 'Wonder Island' *PRIORITY *

djpretzel

Hi. I submited my remix in early December last year, and i got the submission e-mail, but i never heard anything of it since.

If you don't have the email, my name is Dj Shade, and my remix is of Wonderboy 3: The Dragons Trap. It's called Wonder Island, and it can be found at

My website is http://www.geocities.com/reflexxlylat/index.html

Thanks,

Dj Shade.

Interesting how this mix goes though many different drum kits at various points. The strings have a click at the beginning of some notes, which doesn't sound too hot. There are also a couple of times in this mix where you hear pops/clicks/gliches. The changing instrumentation doesn't change the fact that the notes themselves are still repeating. The ending of this mix is also very unsatisfying.

NO

Decent instrumentation and sequencing that renders a chipper feel, but the arrangement is sub-par and the overall sound is too raw. The samples are blaringly low-fi and become quickly annoying without any sonic backbone. I do like the mix-up of percussion and leads, but their usage is quite lackluster. What this comes down to is one bar repeating again and again, coupled with bad notes and clipping problems.

NO

Um...

Well, the sounds range from GM tones (perhaps samples of GM tones?) to really bad .wav samples or soundfonts. Except for the drums, they change their style a lot (from dancey club to rock and roll in the blink of an eye). In other words, they really don't fit.

The arrangement sounds very close to the original. :? But even then, the instrumentation just makes it boring.

NO