NES Classic: Guardian Legend

frogger82

I made this request before, long ago, but I've given it some more thought.

The request was for a rock version of the Guardian Legend Title. A great orchestral version by Russel Cox can be found right here on OCR.

After browsing all the great artists here, I think Sixto could really pull it off nicely!

And for some more great games that need a little remix love from anybody:

Rampage - music to bash cities by :twisted:

Duke Nukem - Grabbag Theme or most of the level themes from Duke 3D

Silpheed (http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=982) - the story title, end title, and all mission themes are pretty good

Half-Life series - the Nuclear Mission Jam, Half-Life 1 End Titles, and Valve Theme come to mind

Team Fortress 2 (that could be very interesting ;-))

Any game baring the Apogee's mark - already have some great Commander Keen ones here, but don't forget Biomenace; Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry, Monster Bash, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Major Striker, Raptor: Call of the Shadows (got one here already), Death Rally...just to name a few

Just some suggestions.

Any game baring the Apogee's mark

You forgot a couple of the instant greats btw, namely Wolf3D and Blake Stone (both published through Apogee). Heard some stuff here, but far too little. I know there's at least one more that's just escaping my mind at the current moment (it's not Xargon, that's for sure.... >_>), but perhaps I'll remember later. I often find myself wondering, however, what it might've been like if there had been soundtracks for games like Paganitzu, Monuments of Mars, or Kroz.

Also, in keeping with the thread title, I'd also like to suggest a remix of Area 0 (Walk Slow) from Guardian Legend. That tune is sooo killer. :-D