*NO* Mega Man 2 'Scientist Rids the World of Evil Robots'

Liontamer

* Your ReMixer name: (Fearless vampire Killers (F.V.K.)

* Your real name : Jeremy D sumabon

* Your email address: Sumabon@hotmail.com

* Your website :None at the moment

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Megaman 2

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: The Woodman stage

* Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

* Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

o

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

o

I made this song about 5 years ago, but I never got around to finishing what I had originally planned. I was going to wait and finish the piece, and then submit it, but I never did. I feel that it stands pretty well on its own as is, and it's a pretty different approach to Megaman music. Well, different than the approach I see most people take.

o

was Really into 1970's era dub reggae when I made this song and that explains the repetitiveness, over- reverb, and heavy bass mix of the song. The name of the song is a play on "Rids the world of the evil curse of the Vampires", which is a popular dub album

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was reggae-ish, so the panel can have it.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman3.zip - Track 13 ("Woodman Stage")

This was an interesting take, and the interpretive saw wave section at :54 was a good idea, but the lead sounds were very fake-sounding (brass lead) and thin (both the brass and the saw wave). The background instrumentation was chill and laid-back with a solid combo of piano, bass and the percussion, but the overall texture was very sparse and empty due to those leads being so weak.

Arrangement-wise, the track was basically done at 1:17, before going for another loop, which was too underdeveloped of an idea. For something 1:58-long, in my opinion, you can't be repeating ANYTHING within such a short track. Something more fleshed out of at least 2:30's worth of a constantly evolving arrangement would be a lot more solid.

The change of the theme into more of a reggae style was really cool, Jeremy, but you need to develop the ideas more and get more interpretive with the Woodman melody as well as vary up the background writing more. The approach can be subtle, but keep things evolving throughout.

NO

Really nice concept but your execution is a little off. Texture is very thin. Leads need to be doubled or thicker instruments need to be used. The brass was pretty-fake sounding, so I wouldn't mind that being changed entirely. The saw-wave sounds dry and might have benefitted from some delay or reverb to make it take up more room. Like Larry said, the song is too short to have it repeat ground. Would have been cool to see some parts just focusing on the bassline or new instruments, maybe playing with some dub effects. I did like your drums and the piano delay was a cool touch.

I think this could be something really cool, but it will take a lot of work on your part, Jeremy. I hope you give it another look.

NO

Pretty sweet concept, def a ska-vibe. Reminds me a bit of The Specials to begin with.

As Larry said, the brass lead is way too fake to take the leading role. The sawwave does leave a lot to wish for too, it doesn't really mesh well with the rest of the sounds. The drums weren't bad but mixed rather clumsily and loud. Could be EQ'd better.

The arrangement is quite fun but to have the main section repeat in a 1:58 song without changes and then end it is not a good idea. Try developing your ideas more for another round and maybe add a break to keep things from getting stale.

You're on your way Jeremy, but you need to work out the details and really spend time with your mix. Compare it to what's being posted today and see what can be done to get it up to that level. #ocrwip and the WIP forums should be of good help to you. Good luck with your next submission!

NO