Get on ninjam

Hey we need some more ocremixers on ninjam. I never see any of you on here.

If you don't know what this is, it is an online jam. It is fun and very natural after you get used to it. To fight internet delay, the sound instead is delayed by metronome beats. :) Cool huh? Wanna play some blues? Set the delay to 48 hehe. Pretty damn cool program.

So go download Reaper and try it out. It comes with Reaper. And get this, it's only a 4mb download I believe. I installed it (make sure to check ninjam and any other features you want) and it now takes up a whopping 13mb. Also it loads fast and is kick ass DAW. Speaking of kick ass features, it has plenty. For one it is smaller and faster and has awesome routing. It is also very easy to use. Learned how to do everything critical (sidechain, pitch bend range, routing, automation) in about an hour. (although it is my 3rd DAW that I have learned and I remember being completely lost learning FL studio) Also it has support for DSP cards and it can even split processing to other computers on the network!?! The guys programming this update it like every week too. The only thing negative I can say coming from FL studio is that there is no drum sequencer pattern creator (like the one in FL) and the piano roll is not as fast as FL's (I still think it works fine once I modified the buttons). Also it is a tool-less editor so that may be the biggest learning curve if you are used to one. Also multiple piano rolls can be opened which is cool. Oh also one more drawback is there are no ghost channels (really helps me with composing). Now I have to use my ear more or flip through the midi data looking for the notes.

So get on ninjam and come play.There might be a way to use it without reaper, but who in the world doesn't have reaper installed on his or her computer!! 13mb after installation. Go install it now and play.

edit--

Here is a server list - http://ninjam.dyndns.org/index-new.php

Here is the program itself - http://www.reaper.fm/

I was in a server the other day with the rule "No spectrum hogging instruments eg - No guitars, no drums". Everyone was playing their ambient synths and it was quite fun. Also I have been the drummer using my keyboard and that was also pretty kickin sweet.

So ya get on ninjam, and if you have never tried it before, then you need to try it before judging.