MGS Theme

Alright, this is probably not up to OC's standard, but I've been watching aLOT of clint eastwood and his westerns and I freaking love Ennio Morricone's scores to ALL of them.

In particular, I adore the song "ecstasy of gold" from the good, the bad, and the ugly.

So, in that light, I've taken the MGS theme (already epic, I know) and tried to put it in a western setting, morricone style.

I don't think it's original/arranged enough to pass, and I'm still trying to find a suitable ending, but perhaps someone will find it enjoyable. I like it very much. :)

so, what do ya'll think?

link: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/dlog/western_3mastered

its really good, as for OC standards? I think it would pass ^.^ but thats just me. Now complements aside, I love how you have arranged this but I would say you need to start the music alot sooner seeing waiting for almost 10 seconds for any sound may drive alot of people mad lol. Also if your going with a Clint Eastwood thing, I would suggest make this alot more westernized seeing it feels more classical and nothing you would directly find in any films of the sort. Now I will say that this has honestly moved from the western side to more of a movie-esque feel, which for MGS is a great thing. So just keep this up and improve on it just a little, not a whole lot, seeing even though it may not have gone the way it was intended, it sure has went in a direction thats really good ^.^, all I suggest is wait for more feedback before really improving on it too.

EDIT: oh one thing I forgot to mention, as far as this being to the standards...you picked a hard song to really be in that area seeing if you stray from the theme too much, it sounds nothing like the theme...and well no matter how or what you do, the song will still sound un-original to an extent seeing how this theme goes lol. So you do have the spark of originality honestly in this, just needs a little more, so you could add that for the ending?

I agree with the previous post on this being a tough cookie.

The repetition of the theme is a bit excessive. There is some original content mixed in, but it does not seem to fit particularly well with the theme in some spots; otherwise it's just a cover or the original with some altered instrumentation and a weaker build.

I think this has a lot of potential, but it needs more original content, and the content that's there could use some tweaking and construction. It also doesn't help that you haven't traveled far in genres, so a lot of the instrumentation closely matches the original. For example, a drum and bass remix of the same song would allow much more creative room to build on, since you have access to effects and instruments not used already by the multiple variations already made of this theme.

Either way, I hope you continue work on this. It has a lot of potential, and I can see you have the talent to pull this kind of thing off if you apply a bit more effort.

:sleepdepriv: