Sonic Adventure 'Station Square'

M.A.N

i accidently posted this in the wrong forum before. it's right this time. i've been wating for a remix on this song, but no one created one, so i did the honors by creating one of my own. this is actually my 2nd creation and 1st vg remix with fl studios....ever. this is only a w.i.p. here's the link. feedback would be apprciated so i can improve on this in the future. enjoy.

http://www.4shared.com/file/54324702/75226932/station_square_rmx.html

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

[X] Too conservative - sticks too close to the source

PRODUCTION

[X] Too loud

[X] Low-quality samples (Or maybe just bad compression)

PERFORMANCE (live recorded audio/MIDI parts)

[X] Wrong notes, general sloppiness

STRUCTURE

[X] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[X] Too repetitive

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

This is pretty good for your second project, but there are some major technical issues. The drums are way too loud, and it sounds like they're not sampling right and cutting out. The into melody feels like it has a note or two off key; it might just be your selection in octaves vs piano samples.

It's hard to comment on the structure since most of the melodic work is stomped on by the drums. The intro had some motion to it but after that, it didn't seem to have a lot of change to it.

Add some more original content, clean the drums up, and do a bit of of work on then dynamics; this should make an enjoyable song.

This piece is a good starting point for a more refined mix, but my main problems with it were:

--The ending

--Volume

--Source

The ending definately needed more work. When you got to the end of the track, that was it. It just ended. Also, the drums were far too loud, and the piano, which is playing the main melody, was much quieter than the other instruments. That need to be changed.

Finally, this sounded very minimalistic. It really consisted of a piano track, drums, and two or three synthesizers. Put a little bit more time into it, add some more detail. This has the makings of a good mix, but at this point, it sounds like it's average quality at best.

This piece is a good starting point for a more refined mix, but my main problems with it were:

--The ending

--Volume

--Source

The ending definately needed more work. When you got to the end of the track, that was it. It just ended. Also, the drums were far too loud, and the piano, which is playing the main melody, was much quieter than the other instruments. That need to be changed.

Finally, this sounded very minimalistic. It really consisted of a piano track, drums, and two or three synthesizers. Put a little bit more time into it, add some more detail. This has the makings of a good mix, but at this point, it sounds like it's average quality at best.

yeah i know this piece need some work. thanks 4 the feedback. i will improve on the song in the future.

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

[X] Too conservative - sticks too close to the source

PRODUCTION

[X] Too loud

[X] Low-quality samples (Or maybe just bad compression)

PERFORMANCE (live recorded audio/MIDI parts)

[X] Wrong notes, general sloppiness

STRUCTURE

[X] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[X] Too repetitive

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

This is pretty good for your second project, but there are some major technical issues. The drums are way too loud, and it sounds like they're not sampling right and cutting out. The into melody feels like it has a note or two off key; it might just be your selection in octaves vs piano samples.

It's hard to comment on the structure since most of the melodic work is stomped on by the drums. The intro had some motion to it but after that, it didn't seem to have a lot of change to it.

Add some more original content, clean the drums up, and do a bit of of work on then dynamics; this should make an enjoyable song.

thanks for the feedback. it's kinda hard to get the melody exact on the piano, since the original uses a eletric guitar, but close enough. i'll work on that and vrything else.