CBC Hockey Night in Canada anthem composition contest

Sil

If you're Canadian, or a frequent visitor of certain web forums that like to pull pranks, you've no doubt heard of the anthem contest the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) is holding. Why are they holding this contest? Well, you see, the old Hockey Night in Canada anthem (the theme Canadians have associated with hockey broadcasts since the beginning of time) is like our second national anthem. We love that theme. Mothers lull their children to sleep with that theme. Church services end with that theme. I don't even have to mention funeral processions. So CBC, in an effort to greatly reduce their overwhelmingly large viewership, decided not to renew the contract with the copyright holders of that anthem, and thus another network bought it for their own hockey broadcasts.

Now 50% of our hockey is THEMELESS which is worse than any recession or war. Thankfully there is a contest being held to crown a new anthem. It's like Saturday Night Fever but instead of dancing, contestants will compose a new anthem for those occasions when you'd just like to sit back with a cold beer and watch the Leafs miss the playoffs. I've entered this contest, so why don't you? Oh yeah, it's for CANADIAN EYES ONLY. But everyone can vote, so why not vote for me? I know the competition is fierce but that doesn't mean I don't have a chance at that $100,000 grand prize. Oh yeah, and Derek helped me out too. He likes money.

Here's my entry: http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/mediadetail/275711

Please vote 5 for me, and if any other ocremixers are entering, vote 5 for them too. We're all in this together. Well, not really, but if I say that I might get some much needed brownie points.

Also, if you can overlook the fact I spelled "arena" wrong in the title and elsewhere, that would be great.

• 1 month later...