Laptop fried in storm...?

Sole Signal

We just had a big storm last night, with tornadoes in the area and all that good stuff. I had my laptop up to keep an eye on the radar when we had a very near lightning strike which cut our power out for a few seconds. Usually if you cut the power, the laptop will keep running with the battery, but here it shut it off completely.

Now when I try to turn it on, I get no response except for the power light flashing briefly when I let go of the power button. I'm going to take it in tomorrow but is this something that even sounds fixable (replacing power supply or whatever)? Or if not, at least recovering everything I have on it?

Yeah, it all depends what exactly was fried. If you still have the hard drive intact, hoping that the motherboard got fried at the worst, then transferring data is a pain, but still doable.

Laptops are tricky things. If something major goes wrong with it, even if the screen gets cracked or something, it's often cheaper to get a new laptop all together than repair an older one.