*NO* Mega Man 2 'Vacation in Miranda's Beach?'

Liontamer

Song: Vacation in Miranda's Beach? (Ending Theme)

Contact Information

* remixer name: 8 Bit Instrumental

* real name: André Luiz Oliveira, Luciano de Oliveira Marques, Moisés de Oliveira Marques Filho and Rodrigo Nepomuceno

* email address: 8bitvgm@gmail.com

* websit: www.8bitinstrumental.com

* userid: 21663

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Mega Man 2

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Ending Theme

* composer: Manami Ietel (Manami Matsumae), Ogeretsu Kun, e Yuukichan's Papa (Yoshihiro Sakaguchi)

* System: Nes

Comments:

This is other song that's a part of a full length album that we released on January 2008 as well as the password theme that we sended previously. That arrangement tells a story. In a first moment the end of the game and of the war is symbolized. The sounds make references to the destruction caused by the war and for that we used the sound of an old destroyed tape. In a secong moment (1'12''), after war, Mega Man and his friends goes to Miranda (a moon of Uranus) to take a vacation. In a third moment (3'04''), something informs that war is not over and the evil is turning back.

--

=x= 8 Bit Instrumental =x=

Site Oficial: www.8bitinstrumental.com

MySpace: www.myspace.com/8bitvgm

LastFM: www.lastfm.com/music/8+bit+instrumental

Fotologs:

www.fotolog.com/8bitvgm

www.fotolog.com/banda8bit

Comunidade no orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=24327707

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/9114 - Track 22

Conservative as it was, I liked the intro. But it needed more interpretation, and it was too long for 1:12's worth of a 3:18-long mix.

Once the brass samples came in at 1:17, it was over. Those things sound cheap and awful, they create a quality disparity with the live instruments, and they go on long enough where they make the mix unacceptable in this form.

Weird ending at 3:04, but I get the point of it after reading the sub letter. I don't think it quite worked, but it wasn't a big deal.

If you can improve the brass sound so that it sounds more realistic, this would be in better shape. You also want to do something more with the first section as far as interpretation.

NO

Ah yeah. Lounge-y.

The intro was a pretty cool idea, could've been less conservative though like Larry pointed out. It's a bit drawn out, introducing some more elements sooner or making the arrangement a bit more bold during this part would help it a lot and give you a good excuse to keep the cool sound.

After the intro, the brass samples are ugly. Consider changing them to another instrument, maybe some cheesy polysynth-patch or something that can't suffer as much from low quality samples. The arrangement during this part of the mix was good though.

Ending had a purpose but it wasn't handled very well. The fade-out/ins sounds like a cheap way to introduce the idea. It sounds strange the way the previous instruments just drop out. Keeping the original instrumentation and then adding the dramatic strings and so on would probably make the track feel more cohesive. The ending was also very loud compared to the rest of the track. The production was decent enough but I would like some more bite in the snare, some hi/mid-frequencies could help it achieve that.

This one needs a couple of fixes before I can give it the big 'ol yes. I'm certain you can push this up to the next level though, so keep at it!

NO

I actually remember checking this song out after hearing your Password sub. Intro has a cool sound, but yeah, too similar to the original. I think for the length of this sub, that's too big an issue. Brass is awful, no question. That really needs to be improved or replaced with a different instrument. I also felt like the main song didn't have that much body, too skewed towards the highs. I'd probably pump the bass and the organ in those low-mid ranges to fill in the void, maybe lead guitar too. And I understand that the ending might make sense contextually on an album, but it sounds bizarre here. If you're going to retool an album track for a standalone purpose, I'd say edit it. Bands do it all the time for singles.

Suffice to say, I don't think this is quite right for OCR. You guys have some good ideas, and I did like the parts of your album that I heard. I look forward to hearing more.

NO