UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-Com: UFO Defence

Jake Grey

Anyone remember this gem of a game? A rather nice mixture of strategic resource-management and turn-based tactical gaming, with one of the better plotlines of the era, and the graphics have aged surprisingly well.

Anyway, the in-game music has limited potential for remixing -and as far as setting the mood goes it's pretty hard to improve on anyway if you ask me- but the opening title music -which can be heard here- is just begging for the full OCR rock-out treatment.

So, any takers? I can provide the MIDI files for a slightly simplified version of the above track used in the Windows version of the game, but the actual chords are going to take some tracking down.

I vividly remember the games, and they were some of the first turn-based strategy games for PC that really got me interested in PC gaming. Some of the music may be hard to work with as far as arranging it into something refreshing and new, but it was good mood music. Regardless if anyone was interested in remixing music from it I'd be more than interested in hearing the results. Old DOS games don't get enough remixing love! lol