*NO* Lost Odyssey 'Millienium of Memories'

Liontamer

~Contact Information~

Remixer Name: ~Jopin~

Email: jopin001@sbcglobal.net

~Submission Information~

Game: Lost Odyssey

Song: Main Theme

Additional Game Info: 2008 Xbox 360 Exclusive RPG by Mistwalker. Music composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

(Well known for his work with Squaresoft/Square-Enix on the Final Fantasy series.)

Comments: This was made over about a week's worth of lunch breaks using a MIDI keyboard and the samples in Garage Band,

and it started out simply as improvisation in a "feudal Japanese" style. Part of the way into it, I decided to turn it into a Lost Odyssey remix.

It's fairly unique in that I didn't use one bit of quantization in the whole song.

The slightly subdued background vocals are done by me (along with everything else.)

Millenium of Memories.mp3 is attached!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Odyssey Original Soundtrack - (222) "Main Theme"

Opened up with some fairly solid sounds, though the overall direction of the intro was somewhat aimless; could have been more cohesive. The melody finally kicked in :48. The brass at 1:20 sounded serviceable, albeit pretty fake; always an issue with brass, but it worked fairly well.

Honestly, there's not much to say beyond the fact that I like what's in place, but you need to develop the arrangement more, IMO. What's here only scratches the surface. Good work so far, Joe, see what more you can do with it to fully develop the concepts. Right now, you've barely got two minutes of memories. :-)

NO (resubmit)

DAMNIT! I thought I was the only one who wanted to arrange Lost Odyssey. Now I have to hurry to get the first X360/Lost Odyssey ReMix :'(

Anyway, I have to agree with Larry here. The intro sunds aimless. When the theme enters it feels like an entirely different song. You handled the theme quite well though, some more interpretation wouldn't hurt but what you have in place is good. This is only about 2 minutes and it needs to substantially arrange the source more in this short time.

Most instruments sounds ok. The brass were really fake-sounding though and the really high flutes during the intro sounds more like synths. Some additional bass frequencies would help the mix sound full and maybe tone down the reverb you have to make the soundscape cleaner.

This is a great start but you need to take it up another notch for it to pass. Develop this some more and get back to us!

NO(resubmit)

Look at Mattias, showing his bias there. Of course he's not gonna pass your song, he wants to have the first Lost Odyssey remix! Demand impartiality from your judges! :<

48 seconds of original material in a two minute song is too much. I like to see at least half of the arrangement involving the source song, but for a song this short it has to be more. I like your general concept and instruments, but I want to see some expansion of the theme, maybe some soloing over the basic structure.

The instruments sound way pushed back. It gives the song a glossy haze, but I'd prefer something more upfront and attention-grabbing. There's a lot of empty space in your song waiting to be filled. The brass as noted is also a little fake. I'd focus on expanding the arrangement foremost, and then get to the production stuff. What you have is enjoyable.

NO (resubmit)