Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

DJMetal

Blazing Sword is a tough act to follow. Really, Radiance's story wasn't strong, and as stated, Radiant Dawn didn't do much better. The strength came mostly from the characters involved in the events, rather than the gravitas of the events in the war itself. The only ultimately worthwhile thing about it was to see how the characters grew and reacted to the war.

Radiant Dawn did a little bit better as it involved more guesswork for the overall plot, but the shifting perspectives forced the narratives to be sped up and often forced details to be left behind, and unfortunately gutted supports couldn't provide more insight into the plot. Generally, you were left with the character interaction as the strength once more, but your generally cool secondary units got less development than in other games.

So, nah. If you're looking for something as powerful as Blazing Sword you'd be highly disappointed in Radiance and Dawn. Unfortunate, but that's the case, even if I do love Radiance in particular. *Shrugs*

EDIT: One big thing I realize I miss from Radiant Dawn on going back into Path of Radiance is the celebratory actions your units would give when victorious in a fight. I actually really miss Oscar or Geoffrey showboating by spinning their lances confidently after making a kill.