The Darkness of Light (I feel not even close)(< I'll stick with that one)

Dragonmind

Every time I try to continue something When I get an idea, I put it down in fruity loops. I listen to the put down and it comes up something else, that's when I get an idea to do something else.

My General problem explained, is that when I work on something, I get another idea, and another while working. I have a library of, like- 24 waiting songs to be completed.

This remix though. I want to stick to it.

What makes me sad, is that I told my god-brother about fruity loops and now, he is completely better than me. Problem #2 (Quality) I try to get the quality perfect, but I got emailed back that it wasn't. I set all the settings to high quality in fl too. Anyways, i'm working on it. I'm not giving a new mp3 out yet though.

(^That is a lot of whining)

Every time I try to continue something When I get an idea, I put it down in fruity loops. I listen to the put down and it comes up something else, that's when I get an idea to do something else.

My General problem explained, is that when I work on something, I get another idea, and another while working. I have a library of, like- 24 waiting songs to be completed.

This remix though. I want to stick to it.

What makes me sad, is that I told my god-brother about fruity loops and now, he is completely better than me. Problem #2 (Quality) I try to get the quality perfect, but I got emailed back that it wasn't. I set all the settings to high quality in fl too. Anyways, i'm working on it. I'm not giving a new mp3 out yet though.

(^That is a lot of whining)

This is funny because I had this same issue a few years ago, so I feel like chiming in.

Don't worry about other people or their skills. They're not you and don't impact you or your work. There is ALWAYS going to be someone better. If you really love what you're doing, then you'll keep pushing yourself.

If you want to get better - keep mixing, post stuff on here for others to critique, look at as many tutorials as you can (plenty on here that have helped me out), take classes, or critically listen to songs you like.

And I mean listen the shit out of songs, analyze what you like about them, how they're structured, how they keep it varied, and try to emulate that. Probably a quarter of songs in my folder are just exercises trying to imitate and emulate different songs I've heard.

You should check out my WIP folder. I have 130 wips over the years, and only about 15-25 of them are anywhere near a full composition. I still love doing it, though. Don't let it get you down.

Now post that mix for us to look at.

• 3 weeks later...
This is funny because I had this same issue a few years ago, so I feel like chiming in.

Don't worry about other people or their skills. They're not you and don't impact you or your work. There is ALWAYS going to be someone better. If you really love what you're doing, then you'll keep pushing yourself.

If you want to get better - keep mixing, post stuff on here for others to critique, look at as many tutorials as you can (plenty on here that have helped me out), take classes, or critically listen to songs you like.

And I mean listen the shit out of songs, analyze what you like about them, how they're structured, how they keep it varied, and try to emulate that. Probably a quarter of songs in my folder are just exercises trying to imitate and emulate different songs I've heard.

You should check out my WIP folder. I have 130 wips over the years, and only about 15-25 of them are anywhere near a full composition. I still love doing it, though. Don't let it get you down.

Now post that mix for us to look at.

I'll figure out audio somehow

http://rapidshare.com/files/178509920/The_Darkness_of_Light.mp3

• 2 weeks later...