*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Time's Lament'

djpretzel

Email sub file Zeal.mp3 -djp

Here is a remix I did a while back, called Time's Lament, a remix of some Zeal or Schala or something theme from Chrono Trigger... I just knew the song, not its name! Put this under my other stuff as "rimco" and if you want to put my email up, it's rimco@attbi.com. Thanks Pretzel!

-Rich

aka rimco

pretty good mix...i dont know if there's enough variation; i havent heard the original.

seriously tho, this mix does get a little bit repetitive, but it is a very unique interpretation, and it is probably the best schala mix i've heard. audio quality, however, is a different story. it seems like everything is fuzzy. is this just me? am i crazy? i mean, i like this mix a lot and i want it to pass, but right now it's a NO because of the overlying fuzz. can we get this fixed? is it my speakers? am i the only one who hears this?

Ahhh Jesse, you are not familiar with the ways of rimco! This is more of his archetypical new-age distortion, rendered in the form of Schala, tried and true. I see this as obvious subject matter for the mixer, playing his mezmerizing amb-textures and haunting synths over the dreamy theme.

At this point though (wishful thinking), I'd like to see a different, radical interpretation for once. But even if this is plainly weepy-woo, it's no reason to pass up. What IS a valid qualm is that there isn't too much variation: the progression is mostly note-for-note and development is not as touched-upon as it should be. I say this is worth having on-board because the predictable yet gorgeous interpretation outweighs concerns of originality, which is seldom the case.

YES

Ahhh Jesse, you are not familiar with the ways of rimco! This is more of his archetypical new-age distortion, rendered in the form of Schala, tried and true. I see this as obvious subject matter for the mixer, playing his mezmerizing amb-textures and haunting synths over the dreamy theme.

At this point though (wishful thinking), I'd like to see a different, radical interpretation for once. But even if this is plainly weepy-woo, it's no reason to pass up. What IS a valid qualm is that there isn't too much variation: the progression is mostly note-for-note and development is not as touched-upon as it should be. I say this is worth having on-board because the predictable yet gorgeous interpretation outweighs concerns of originality, which is seldom the case.

YES

OHOK...well...nevertheless. maybe all the fuzz was intentional, but it goes overboard and it detracts from the mix.

NO

Beautifully understated sound- just seems to float along.

It's true that we already have a Schala mix that goes for the new age/atmospheric feel- and while this one is perhaps a bit more generic, it's still an excellent bit of genre work.

I would have liked more interpretation of the original, but this is still pretty solid.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, as if we didn't have enough Schala remixes already. I'm sorry, but this one just doesn't do anything really original. The arrangement is practically the original just more drawn out. Not fun. I like the overall sound it has, and the synths are nice, but the drums are anti-good, and all in all I found myself yawning a whole lot during this one.

NO